Who we are
Transfer Studio is the independent design practice of award-winning design directors Valeria Hedman and Falko Grentrup.
Known for transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary, for over a decade we have helped companies and organisations define and communicate their unique vision in the most powerful way possible – visually.
What we do
We deliver concepts and strategies in accordance with our design analysis, as well as offer the design and production of bespoke visual identities, websites, material, exhibitions, campaigns, etc.
Our work is widely published and we have been awarded by D&AD and Kolla!, invited to speak at Konstfack, the University of the Arts London and regularly teach and lecture at design and art schools, organisations and institutions in Sweden and abroad, mainly within communication design, design theory and studio culture. Drop us a line if you want to book us for your organisation.
Valeria Hedman / Creative Director
Valeria Hedman is an award-winning designer known for producing strong and unique design with a specific focus on user engagement. Valeria’s work often leads a reflective dialogue from new perspectives and knowledge of diversity, equality, innovation and sustainability and she is constantly striving to develop processes and methods for how these can be transferred to the practice of visual communication and design.
Apart from directing the work of Transfer Studio, Valeria runs micro publisher Elemental Editions that produce books on art and design. Valeria is a well-known design industry advocate and is as of 2017 on the board of Illustratörcentrum. Valeria has a Masters degree from Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
Falko Grentrup / Creative Director
Originally from Düsseldorf, Falko is an acclaimed illustrator and designer used to producing exciting work for digital, print, space, and anything else that will benefit from his distinctive graphic touch. For Falko, design is practised, refined and carefully applied and he always looks to add an extra, unexpected dimension to his work.
Awarded with a Masters in Communication Design from Central Saint Martins London, Falko has been teaching and organising workshops on typography and language at various educational institutions at home and abroad, most notably at the Arts University College at Bournemouth and Konstfack in Stockholm.
- 2016 100 Years of Women at CSM
- 2015 CNN Leading Women
- 2014 P(a)PP – Oro Galleri, Gothemburg
- 2013 Fresh Prints – UAL Showroom, London
- 2011 Post Digital Monsters – la Gaîté lyrique, Paris
- 2008 MA Narrative Environments – Southhampton Row, London
- 2006 Show Me! – Westbourne Studios, London
- 2006 BA Graphic Design – CSM Back Hill, London
- 2005 D&AD New Blood – Truman Brewery, London
- 2005 MACD Show – The Mall Gallery, London
- 2004 A Place in Time – 291 Gallery, London
- Seminars / Talks / Writings
- 2015 Mentor – The Dots Masterclass - Facebook HQ, London
- 2015 Expert Selection panel – London Transport Museum, London
- 2012 Guest artist/Representative – Freedom in Design - Iaspis, Stockholm
- 2012 Speaker – Kolla! 2012 – Svenska Tecknare, Stockholm
- 2011 Mentor – Girls into i-Biz Masterclass, London Academy
- 2011 Expert Advisory panel – Urban Green Line, London
- 2010 Speaker – GBW Berlin Launch - Supalife Kiosk, Berlin
- 2010 Seminar – University of the Arts London
- 2009 Visiting Tutors – BA Graphic Design Arts University College at Bournemouth
- 2007 Speaker – BA Graphic Design Central St. Martin’s College of Art & Design
- Articles & Features
- 2015 Transfer Studio tolkar Anne Frank / CAP&Design No 2
- 2015 Agenturporträtt: Transfer Studio / PAGE Magazine
- 2014 Transfer Studios projekt under 2014 / CAP&Design
- 2012 The Graduate Designer's Guide to Success / DigitalArts 09
- 2011 Women in design / DesignWeek March
- 2011 BirdWatching: from London to Söder / SoFo #3
- 2010 70 per cent of design students are female / Eye Blog. 9 July
- 2010 Nu och då - så blir 10-talets form / CAP&Design No 1
- 2009 En svensk designer i London / CAP&Design No 5
- 2009 Rising Stars: Valeria Hedman / DesignWeek
- Books / Blogs
- 2014 Typodarium 2014 / Verlag Hermann Schmidt
- 2013 The Crossing of Two Lines / Elemental Editions
- 2013 Lolita: The Story of a Cover Girl / Print Books Ltd.
- 2012 Typodarium 2012 / Verlag Hermann Schmidt
- 2012 Kolla På Affischen 2002 – 2012 / Svenska Tecknare
- 2011 Graphic Design Inspirations / Daab
- 2010 Los Logos Compass / Gestalten Verlag
- 2010 The Little Book of Letterpress / RotoVision
- 2010 By Invitation Only / viction:ary
- 2010 The Dieline: Box Bottle Bag / HOW
- 2010 TypoShirt One / Index Book
- 2009 Letterhead & Businesscards / Feierabend Unique Books
- 2009 Logo 2 / Feierabend Unique Books
- 2009 Best of Poster Design / Feierabend Unique Books
- 2009 CrEATe: Eating Design and Future Food / Die Gestalten Verlag
- 2009 Branding Identity / Index Book
- 2009 Really Good Packaging Explained / Rockport
- 2009 Basics: Logos / Index Book
- 2009 Celebration Graphics Sourcebook / RotoVision
- 2008 thnk limited / Feierabend Unique Books
- 2008 T-shirt Design / Feierabend Unique Books
- 2008 Los Logos 4 / Die Gestalten Verlag
- 2007 YDA Awards Annual / Young Design Awards
- 2007 Web Design Index 8 / Pepin Press
- 2007 The European Logo Design Annual / Eulda